If you are searching for the methods to Uninstall Kodi from Firestick, then read more to know How to Uninstall Kodi on Firestick.
Warm welcome Geeks! Do you want to Uninstall the Kodi Application from your Fire Stick or Fire TV, well! Let’s start the Article without getting late, as you are in the perfect place now but before that let’s have a quick look at basic info regarding Kodi. You can install Kodi on Firestick.
Kodi is one of the most Extraordinary software that has ever been made in recent years and can Synchronize with any kind of platform such as Windows, Linux, Android, macOS, and iOS. Thus because of this flexibility in nature, it was introduced to Firestick devices. The uninstallation process of Kodi is explained in this article.
What is Kodi?
Firstly, Kodi was introduced in the year 2002 it is indeed an X-box media player and it was founded and Developed by the XBMX foundation.
Moreover, before 2014 it is being called XBMC and After that, it was renamed Kodi. In addition to that, it is a source of entertainment with its stunning Interface and of course, you can easily customize it based on your requirement since it is an open-source platform and free!
Above all, Kodi has a huge Community including volunteers and a developing team that keeps on updating to eliminate bugs and other issues. Kodi uninstallation, reset Kodi, or restore Kodi is explained clearly.
Though Kodi is an Award-winning, free and open-source platform with a developing team, it has some disadvantages and they are as explained below. Instead of uninstalling Kodi Add-ons or builds, just reinstall Kodi once. They would be installed freshly with the latest updates.
Reasons to Uninstall Kodi:
The main reasons that tend to make our choice to uninstall it are as explained below:
- Most importantly, Kodi Application consumes huge storage which results in poor performance of your Firestick, and sometimes you may feel Lag at every point.
- Since Kodi is made available in Open source there are chances to get Malwares and other risks. So keep it in mind and Download it further at your own risk.
- Moreover, because of its development team, Kodi Application keeps on updating for months and if you want to install the latest version then the old one needs to be deleted for sure.
- Furthermore, there are other better alternatives for Kodi that ensure a smooth interface and virus-free platforms.
- Lastly, Kodi forces the RAM of your device which may result in Internal Failure sometimes.
How to Uninstall Kodi From Firestick?
Moreover, Uninstalling process is Simple and it can be done using 2 methods and they are as explained below:
#1. Uninstall App through Settings:
- Firstly, open your Firestick device.
- Press & hold the home icon from the remote. A short menu will appear.
- choose Applications and it is as shown below.
- Furthermore, now select Manage Installed Application on your Firestick device.
- Now, search for Kodi Application until you find it in the list and make a click on it.
- For instance, it is provided with multiple options, just scroll down and choose Uninstall.
- Further, press Uninstall again for your confirmation and at last, Kodi is Uninstalled Successfully.
#2. Uninstall App from AppStore:
However, if you want to Uninstall it directly then choose this method and it is as explained below:
- First, open your Firestick device and navigate directly to the settings tab as shown in the below image.
- After that make a click on Apps & Games and select Choose All.
- Furthermore, Have a look at Kodi Application and just make a click on the Icon or press Menu button on your remote when you hover your remote on the Kodi.
- Now select options that are present on the right side and Choose Uninstall.
- Moreover, If you have Es File explorer pre-installed in your Fire Stick then at instance a pop-up arises and displays a confirmation message to Uninstall.
- Lastly, make a click on that pop-up and thus Kodi is Uninstalled Successfully.
#3. Restore Kodi or Clear App Data
When you are using the Kodi, it is better to clear Kodi app data means Add-ons, builds, account and many. If you have removed all of them, then the app would be restored as default or the app is with default settings. So that you can get the app with default settings. It will look like it when it is installed freshly.
Follow the simple procedure to do this task:
- Hold & press the Home button on the remote, you will just go to the Settings tab.
- Tap on the Applications option in it.
- Click on the Managed Applications. This will show all applications list installed in Firestick.
- There tap on Clear App Data. After clearing app data launch the app to use or reinstall the latest version of the app.
Kodi provides extraordinary Add-ons. If you are using them or using many Add-ons. Will cause a burden to Kodi. This will make Kodi slow. No need to remove all of them manually. If you are uninstalling the Kodi, they would be removed and installed freshly. So the performance of the app is improved.
Installation Process of Kodi:
After uninstalling the Kodi, you can install again it with the latest version of its update.
- Visit Kodi’s official website https://kodi.tv/download and download the latest version of the Kodi.
- Download & install App2Fire or Abd Fire app to install the Kodi safely.
- Choose the Local Apps tab and Download Kodi.
- Got to the Kodi file which is just downloaded on your Firestick device.
- Hit on it or Double click on it to run the installation process.
Launch the app to use. If you had add-ons left from the last installations and if they are compatible with the latest version. Then they are ready to use. No need to install them again.
You also use the installation process with th help of the Downloader or Es File Explorer as explained in the previous article. You will know the complete information about the installation of Kodi on firestick. Just click on the link to know about it.
If you want to do streaming safely and securely. It is better to use VPN services. VPN means Virtual Private Network. This will help you to do the private streaming and escape from tracking by others. Since Kodi will use third-party apps and builds. You should protect your data from viruses and third-party or malicious apps. Use VPN to protect yourself.
This will hide your IP address, and cross Geo-restrictions without any permissions. Hides your identity and makes you more secure. Never stores your browsing data.
Below are some simple steps to secure the IP address on the Firestick device. To secure IP on a Fire Stick here are simple steps
- On the firestick, go to the Search bar on the home screen.
- Enter the ExpressVPN on the search bar.
- Click on the related URL on the screen.
- Select the download option.
- Next, open the downloaded app.
- Then enter the Username and password/Pin.
- Based upon the user choice connect to any type of country server as they wish.
- Begin the safe and private streaming of anything of your choice.
Features of Kodi:
Apart from that let’s discuss some of the interesting features provided by Kodi and the features are as follows:
- Stream Movies:
- TV Shows:
- Add ons:
- Mainly, Kodi supports all music formats that include MP3, FLAC, WAV, WMA, and others, etc.
- Apart from that, we can even listen to music using your library if you have any pre-installed songs in it.
- Moreover, you can even make Smart playlists, and yes! Control your music with ease.
- Primarily, you can browse videos and movies from any source quickly.
- Furthermore, we can able to stream YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, and other Applications using Add ons.
- Yes! Its supports all formats of video and resolution including 1080pi.
- Moreover, you can TV shows with all Episodes in a package.
- In addition to that Kodi Application also provides descriptions of actors and other show-related stuff which keeps engaging.
- Furthermore, you can even download these Shows.
- Mostly, we can import our photos to Kodi Application and make an active filter on them.
- In addition to that, you can even add some clusters of photos and make a slideshow for a better view.
- Yes! Not only you can watch but also record your favorite shows and Live TV without missing them.
- Moreover, it’s very easy to control these because of the simple user interface.
- Mainly, Kodi Application provides a wide range of Skins that change your appearance completely.
- Moreover, you can even Customize the skins based on your choice.
- The best feature introduced so far and with these Add ons we can able to stream whatever you opted for.
- In addition to that, we can also able to stream pirated movies, the latest movies with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Question 1) Is Kodi consume more space?
Answer: Yes! Because of its Add-ons and other External factors, it consumes more storage which makes your device Lag.
- Question 2) Is Kodi Application safe to use?
Answer: Yes! Is absolutely safe unless you install Add ons and make streaming from other Third Party Sources.
- Question 3) Is a Repository required for Add-on?
Answer: Not necessarily! We can even Install it individually but by using Repository we can able to access all Add ons at a time.
- Question 4) Is Kodi legal?
Answer: Yes! It is legal but some shows are restricted to use which causes the issues and even you prefer to watch then it’s better to use VPN.
So Finally, these are the methods and reasons to uninstall Kodi Application and if you find any useful information regarding this, don’t hesitate to mention us in the comment section. This article mainly concludes you the working methods that tell you How to Uninstall Kodi From Firestick.
Moreover, kindly share this article with all your friends who are looking to Uninstall Kodi. Thank’s for choosing iOSWinDroid.