If you’re facing the search bar is missing from the taskbar on your Windows device then read more to know How to Fix Windows 10 Search Bar Missing From Task Bar
Hello! Buddies, I am glad to invite you to this article, Are you eagerly searching for effective methods for fixing the missing search bar issue on the Taskbar and also the windows search bar not working issue for that type of people, this article is the best reference to know, The methods are very effective easily fix the missing search bar issue
In this article, we are ready to discuss the effective and the best methods to fix the Search bar missing issue on the Taskbar and discuss the necessity to fix the error, and also explains the reasons behind the issue
Reasons for missing the Search bar on Taskbar:
The reasons behind the missing Windows 10 search bar on the taskbar are Due to some default settings and buttons are off or enabled on the device then in that situation, we are facing the search bar missing issue, mainly the tablet is enabled on the device, Enable of Use of Small Taskbar Buttons and also some reasons are they for getting this issue.
Due to some reasons, you may also face this issue the search bar missing on windows 11.
What is the Necessity to fix the Windows 10 Search Bar Missing Issue on Taskbar?
The search bar is a very much useful thing on Windows 10 by using this we can easily navigate and quickly find whatever we want and without any difficulty, we conveniently access any website without entering the full name of the website, the search bar is an essential feature
Due to some reasons and some modifications on the taskbar and other settings we are missing the search bar from the Taskbar
They are some methods to fix the missing issue of the search bar from the taskbar, these are very effective, simple, and easy without any difficulty the user can perform this method
Methods to Fix the Windows 10 Search Bar Missing From Taskbar:
There are some methods to fix the Windows10 search bar missing from the taskbar
- Using Cortana’s Settings, Enable the Search Bar
- Disable the Tablet Mode
- Disable the Use of Small Taskbar Buttons
- Create another user account
- Turn On Taskbar For All Displays
- Using Registry Editor, Enable Search Box
- Disable Cortana through Registry Editor
Method #1. Using Cortana’s Settings, Enable the Search Bar
It is one of the methods to enable the missing search bar on the taskbar, with the help of Cortanawe are enabling the search bar, this method can also clarify how to enable the search bar in windows 10
Below are the simple steps to follow for enabling the search bar
With the help of the keyboard, you can launch the search box, I think you’re thinking about how it is possible simply press the Windows + S keys on the keyboard to open the search bar.
- Initially, hold the Windows Key and S key same time on the keyboard for displaying the search bar settings, if you are unable to view the search box then follow the below simple steps
- The user must right-click on the free space on the taskbar
- Now, tap on Cortana and then select the Show search box, correctly check the option.
- After checking you will see the search bar on the taskbar
In case you didn’t notice the search bar then try another method in order to Fix the Windows10 Search Bar Missing issue.
Sometimes you may also face the show search box option missing windows 10
Method #2. Disable the Tablet Mode
Enabling the tablet mode is one of the reasons for missing the search bar on the taskbar, it is a default setting to solve this issue the user must disable the tablet mode, for disabling the mode the user must follow some simple steps
- First of all, tap on the Action Center icon that is located on the right corner of the bottom side of the desktop
- The user must surely gray out the tablet mode
If the users want the search box displaying up on the taskbar while the user is using the Tablet Mode, it is necessary to disable/ turn off the feature for hiding the taskbar on the tablet mode
- At the same time Hold the Windows Key and I key on the keyboard for launching the Settings app.
- Then select Personalization.
- After that tap on the Taskbar that is shown on the left side of the screen then you will see the button simply turn off/ disable the button i.e Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode.
- Finally, the search bar is added to the taskbar whenever you are using Tablet mode
Method #3. Disable the Use of Small Taskbar Buttons
The Use of the small taskbar buttons feature is one of the common reasons for getting the missing search bar on the taskbar to fix this the user must disable the enabled Small Taskbar buttons
Here we are explaining some simple steps for disabling the use of small taskbar buttons
- First of all, right-click on the empty space on the taskbar and then select Taskbar settings.
- Then it displays a new pane to check whether the Use small taskbar buttons are off or not if disable the option.
- Finally, exit from the pane when you will see the search box appears on the taskbar
Method #4. Create Another User Account
If the user can’t solve the issue by using the above methods then the user must create a new user account on the computer
Follow the below steps for creating another new user account
- On the keyboard, at a time press, the Windows Logo Key and I key for opening the Settings app.
- Then choose the Accounts tab.
- After that tap on the Other people that are shown on the left and next select the Add someone else to this PC.
- Now it popup another pane and give instructions for adding or creating another user account, the user must enter the email or phone and then tap on Next
- To complete the process you need to follow some instructions that are displayed on the screen
- After completion of the process, restart/reboot the device and then sign in or log in with the new user account
- Finally, check whether the search bar issue is solved or not
Method #5. Turn On Taskbar For All Displays
Generally, the taskbar and the search bar will vanish in multiple displays, so the user is using one or more displays then it is needed to check the setting for enabling the search bar on the taskbar
- Firstly, hold down a time Windows Logo Key and I key on the keyboard for navigating to the Settings app.
- Then tap on the Personalization option.
- Now move to the left side and select the Taskbar.
- After that, the user must move to the Multiple displays section and turn on/ Enable the Show taskbar on all displays button
- Finally restart the device and find the taskbar and search bar are popup on all displays or not
Check whether the method can Fix Windows10 Search Bar Missing issue or not
Method #6. Using Registry Editor, Enable Search Box
With the help of Registry Editor, the user can enable the search box, it is simple and easy the user just creates the search box Taskbar Mode value and setting with the suitable value on the Registry Editor for enabling the search box, not only enabling but also hide, unhide or replace the search box with the Cortana icon here clearly explain the steps for enabling the search box through Registry Editor
- First of all, the user must hold down the Windows Key and R Key at the same time for the opening of the Run box
- Then enter regedit and tap Enter.
- After that click on Yes on the UAC( User Account Control) prompt for the launching of Registry Editor along with administrative privileges
- On Registry Editor, use the right-hand pane for moving to the following location
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows\ CurrentVersion \ Search
- After selecting the search key, the user must navigate to the right pane and right-click on it and then select the New and then choose Dword(32-bit) value.
- Now the user must give the name for the newly created Dword Searchbox Taskbar Mode
- Here double click on the Search box Taskbar Mode and you need to set the Base section to Hexadecimal and then give value 2 in the Value data box.
Here we are using the value of 2 for triggering different behaviors
For 0 value – Hidden search bar
For 1 value – Cortana icon
- After completion of the modification, the user must exit from the Registry Editor
- Restart/ Reboot the device for applying the changes
- After that, the user identifies the startup is back while performing the next startup
Method #7. Disable Cortana through Registry Editor
If the above methods are not fixing the issue, the user must disable Cortana by using the Registry Editor, after disabling Cortana then you will see the old search bar shown on the computer’s next boot and check if it Fix Windows10 Search Bar Missing issue or not.
There are some simple steps to follow for disabling Cortana using Registry Editor
- Initially, launch the Registry Editor on the computer.
- Then the user must go to the following path
- After that, you must right click on the free space on the right panel of the Registry Editor and then select New and then DWORD(32-bit) Value, Next the user must give a name to the newly created Dword Allow Cortana.
- Now double tap on the Allow Cortana and then you need to Modify the Base section as Hexadecimal and then enter the value 0 in the Value data box.
- Here tap on OK to save the changes
- The user must exit from the Registry Editor
- Reboot/ Restart the computer
- After that, you need to right-click on the Taskbar and then tap on the Search for choosing the Show search box.
The user is decided to use Cortana again then you will return back to the location an AllowCortana value on the Registry Editor and then change the Value data box to 1 or simply delete it
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Explain the reason for the disappearance of the search bar?
Answer: Due to some reasons the search bar is missed, disappeared, the common reason is when the user is in full-screen mode then the toolbar is hidden by default so the search bar will be disappeared, If you want to exit from the full-screen mode simply click on F11 Key on the keyboard
- Question 2) How to restore the search bar in Windows 10?
- Question 3) How to restore the Google Toolbar?
- Firstly launch Internet Explorer on the computer
- Then for navigating to Menu you must press Alt Key on the keyboard
- After that select Tools, Internet Options
- Now tap on the Advanced tab
- Here you must choose the Reset option
- Then check the box preceding the Delete personal settings
- Finally, click on the Reset option for restoring the Google Toolbar
This article clearly discuss the fixing methods for the missing search bar on Windows 10 and also explains the necessity to fix the issue
For people who are looking for methods to fix the missing search bar issue for that type of people, this article is the best reference to know
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to fix the missing Windows 10 search bar on the taskbar for more updates and information, visit and follow our site iOSWinDroid
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinate to write the techbased stuf and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intension is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.