If you’re facing the System Interrupts High CPU Usage issue and wants to fix it then read more to know How to Fix System Interrupts High CPU Usage
Most Windows users face high CPU usage issues, especially this issue encountered in Windows 10. When CPU usage exceeds 10 percent then you should take care of your windows operating system. In this tutorial, we are going to explain some fixing methods for system interrupts of high CPU usage.
What Is a System Interrupt?
The system can do work one thing at a time the communication among hardware and software is the process to execute a program or a function when the process does not execute properly which leads to system interrupt as well. We can not say interruptions associated with which part of the system it may be a hardware problem or it may be software.
Want to check out the system interrupts then launch task manager on your windows operating system where you will notice the system interrupts option within the processes as well. If the system interrupts show 0% CPU usage then there are no errors that cause system interrupt if the system interrupts show more than 5% CPU usage by that time there are so many issues that cause system interrupt as well.
Methods to Fix System Interrupts High CPU Usage
When the system interrupts constantly showing the CPU usage of 12% then there is an issue running on your system that causes the high CPU usage to fix the system interrupts we are going to introduce 7 different fixing methods for you. let’s take a look at each one of them.
This is also a reference to How to Low CPU Usage on Windows 10
Method #1. Restart the Computer
- Sometimes rebooting your system will resolve the encountered issues so better to restart your system right now.
- For this, go to the Start menu on your desktop.
- select the power button from the drop-down menu.
- Now select the restart button out there after that check out your CPU usage and the CPU usage.
- You must go down to 0% or not. If the CPU usage is still 12% will go for another fixing method.
Method #2. Update the Drivers
As we already said that system interrupts high CPU usage causes sometimes hardware components so we have to check out the Drivers of our system and let’s update the system drivers as well.
- Now go to the Windows search bar on your windows straight away.
- Type as Device manager and hit the enter button as well.
- Now Device Manager window will be displayed on your screen and tap on the DVD/CD ROM drivers from the displayed drop-down menu.
- Make a right-click on the specified device within the ROM drivers and hit the update drivers option from the list.
- Now on the displayed window go for the option called search automatic update drivers.
- It will display the message of drivers already installed and go for another option called windows to update.
- This option is redirected to your system settings where you will get windows updates. if your windows are up to date then check out once again CPU usage if it is still running the same way then will go for another fixing method.
Method #3. Disable Fast Start-up
In this method, we will check out whether the sleep mode is in disable or enable if it is in disable mode then try to enable it otherwise the CPU usage not goes down let’s check out how do we do that.
- Go to the windows search bar on your desktop and go for the search control panel on it.
- On the URL of the control panel search Power options because if you did not find power options directly at that time do like this way.
- Now tap on the power options and click on the option called to choose what the power button does which is left side of your screen.
- Then click on the option called to change the settings that are currently available out there.
- Now check out if the Turn on fast startup is enabled or disabled. If it is in disabled mode then turn it on to enable mode straight away and hit the save changes button.
Method #4. Disable Magic Pocket
Magic pocket will invite you to wake up your system in deep sleeping mode as well. WOL will awaken from the sleep mode through the local network.
- Launch the windows search bar on your desktop and go for search Device manager straight away.
- On the displayed device manager window tap on the Network adapters.
- Within the Network adapters list make a right-click on the Gigabit network connection and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- In the properties, the panel selects the advanced option and hits the option called Wake on the magic pocket from the property panel, and chooses the disable mode.
Method #5. Disable Hardware Devices
By disabling the hardware drivers one after one then we will rectify the high CPU usage on our systems respectively as well. Let’s see how to do that perfectly.
- Go to the Start menu button on your desktop.
- Select the device manager tool from the list.
- Click on the DVD/CD ROM drivers from the drop-down menu.
- Now make a right-click on the device option within the ROM drivers as well and tap on the disable device option from the displayed list straight away.
- Now you will get a warning message box don’t worry about it just click on the Yes button.
Remove External Hardware One after One
- Go to Task Manager on your desktop.
- Now keep your eye on the system interrupts.
- Then unplug any hardware device from your computer and check out whether the CPU usage goes down.
- If the issue still running then just update the drivers next.
Method #6. Check for Failing Hardware
If any hardware is corrupted that causes system interrupts as well. In that situation, the driver’s update won’t solve the system interrupts but disabling the total device will fix the issue follow the below steps on how to test your PC.
- Go to the windows search bar and type as Performance monitor.
- On the left side of the panel click on the Data collector sets.
- Then tap on the System option within the Data collector sets where you will notice the system diagnostics stopped.
- Another way is just to click on the reports option on the left side of your screen.
- Then navigate to the system option and then tap on the system performance.
- Another way to test your pc is to tap on the performance monitor option under the monitoring tool on the same performance monitor window as well.
Method #7. Update the BIOS
- BIOS setup is the backbone of your software it works when you going to turn on your computer.
- To update your BIOS you don’t have to go for BIOS setup at all.
- Using the system administrator you can update your BIOS using the manufacturer name and your system version to let them know we use the command prompt.
- Open the system administrator on your windows and enter the command like systeminfo | findstr /I /c: bios and hit the enter button straight away.
Method #8. Disable Sound Enhancements
In order to fix the System Interrupts High CPU Usage, you must disable the sound enhancements, to do this the user must follow some simple steps.
- You must right-click on the Sound icon that is shown on the right side bottom of the screen.
- Then select Open Sound Settings.
- Now, on the next window move to Sound Control Panel.
- In the Playback tab, you must right-click on the default playback device and choose Properties.
- Next, check the Disable all sound effects or Disable all enhancements on the Enhancements tab.
- Finally, tap on OK to save the changes.
Method #9. Disable USB Root Hubs
One of the reasons for the High CPU Usage is the external devices or USB Hardware, so simply disable the externally connected USB devices and disable the USB Root Hubs that are connected, and block the hardware while interrupting the CPU.
For disabling the USB Roots Hubs you need to follow the below simple steps
- On Keyboard, press and hold down the Windows + S to launch the Windows search bar.
- In that enter Device Manager.
- Now move to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Then expand it and click on USB Root Hub Entires.
- The user must right-tap on each USB Root Hub and then choose Disable Device or Uninstall Device option, remember except the mouse and the keyboard.
Note: It is necessary to check the USB Root Hub for the mouse and the keyboard, for that the user must follow some simple steps
- In the device manager, move to USB Root Hub and right-click on it, and select Properties.
- Move to the Power tab and then view the Attached devices section.
- After finishing all the steps, restart the computer and check whether the system interrupts is using the High CPU or not.
Method #10. Repair System Files
If still unable to fix the System Interrupts High CPU Usage then the problem is due to the presence of corrupted or damaged system files.
- Launch Command Prompt and run as administrator
- In that, the user must enter the following command
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
- It takes some time to finish the DISM repair, After that the user must enter the following command
- Finally, restart the device to apply the changes and check whether the issue is solved or not.
You may also face the system interrupts 100% CPU windows 11
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Is system interruption a bad thing?
Answer: It does not bad at all the CPU usage of less than 5% and 10% won’t cause any issues but if the CPU usage exceeds 10% then it will be addressed some issues and you have to overcome it by following some fixing methods as well.
- Question 2) Why is the system interrupts so high?
Answer: System interrupts cause high CPU usage which means the CPU consumes extra powers for system interrupt processes as well. There might be something problems with hardware components and hardware not responding properly.
In this section, we described the issue of system interrupts users must notice one thing if your system process is getting slowed down at that time you should check out the system interrupts using the Task manager that ensures the percentage of CPU usage.
Make sure that not exceeds the CPU usage by 10% otherwise your system may be addressed some serious issues as well. Thank you for choosing iOSWinDroid
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinate to write the techbased stuf and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intension is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.