If you’re facing the Nvidia Installer Failed issue then How to Fix the NVIDIA Installer Failed Issue on Windows 10
Hello! Everyone, How are you all, Hope all are doing good, Today we are here with a new concept that every Nvidia user must know, Well during the installation of Nvidia Driver son Windows 10 or doing the Windows update or upgrade sometimes you may face the Nvidia Installer Failed Issue, in that type of situations you’re worried and looking for the quick solution to solve it.
For that type of people this article is very much helpful and the best reference to know, The article is all about the How to Fix Nvidia Installer Failed Issue on Windows 10, the fixing methods are straightforward and they can easily fix the issue on Windows, Here we can also discuss the basic information of Nvidia Installer Failed issue and reasons behind the issue.
What Is the Nvidia Installer Failed Issue?
Nvidia Installer Failed Error is one of the common errors that are encountered on Windows 10, mainly this error occurs whenever the user wants to install the Nvidia drivers on windows 10, and also after upgrading the system the windows update will try to download and install the latest GPU drivers on the background the process takes nearly 5 to 10 minutes in the case due to some reasons the installation is failed then it shows the Nvidia Installer Failed Issue
We need Nvidia Graphics card Drivers on Windows 10 to play the games, due to this issue the user is unable to play the games so try to fix the issue as quickly as possible.
Reasons That Cause NVIDIA Installer Failed Issue
There are some reasons behind every issue and error here also there are some reasons behind the Nvidia Installer Failed Issue, in this article we are clearly discussing them
- Due to the presence of an old driver and corrupted system files
- At the time of installation the latest Windows 10 OS
- Availability of third-party programs like Antivirus, Anti-malware, or Firewalls that are installed on the device
- Sometimes the drivers are incompatible
Methods to Fix NVIDIA Installer Failed Issue on Windows 10
In this article, we are clearly discussing the methods to fix the Nividia Installer failed issue on windows 10, the methods are simple and easy
Method #1. Use Command Prompt
Use commands in order to fix the NVIDIA Installer Failed Issue on Windows 10, execute the following commands on the command prompt, and easily solve the issue
- On the Windows search bar, type cmd and run as administrator
- In that enter the following commands and hit enter one after another command
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
- After entering the commands, restart the device to apply the changes and the issue is solved
- Later again launch the command prompt and run as administrator and execute the following commands
bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
Method #2. Perform Clean Boot
Follow the below steps to perform the clean boot
- Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard at a time to launch the Run utility
- In that enter msconfig and tap on the OK button
- Move to the General tab
- You must untick the Load startup items on the General tab
- Remember you must check the Load system services option
- Next tap on the Services tab
- After that, you must check the Hide all Microsoft services option
- Try to disable all the services and tap on Disable all button.
- Tap on Apply and then the OK button
- Finally, restart the device, it will boot the device in clean mode
Method #3. Update the Nvidia Driver using Device Manager
Due to the lack of update of Nvidia Driver on windows 10, we are getting the Nvidia Installer failed issue, so try to update the Nvidia Driver with the help of Device Manager, to do this the user must follow some simple steps
- On the Windows search bar, type Device Manager and click on the search result
- In that navigate to Display Adapters section
- You must right-click on the Graphics Driver and tap on the Update Driver option
- Select the Search automatically for updated drivers software option on the next window
- It takes some time to complete the process.
- At last restart the computer.
Method #4. Manually Install Nvidia Driver
- On Windows 10 move to Google Chrome.
- You must search for the Nvidia Drivers
- Now tap on Download Nvidia Drivers
- Below the Nvidia Driver downloads select Product type, Product series, Product, Operating System, Windows Driver Type, and Download Type based upon the driver specifications
- After choosing the product, tap on the Search option
- Now click on the Download option to download the driver
- Exit from the browser
- Move to downloaded application on the disk
- Now the user must double-tap on it to begin the installation of the driver.
- Next tap on Nvidia Graphics Driver and GeForce Experience and click on Agree and Continue on the Nvidia Graphics Driver.
- Below the Installation Options, select Express(Recommended) and tap on the Next option to begin the installation process.
- Once you finish the process tap on Close and exit from the Nvidia Graphics Driver installer window
- At last restart the device to complete the installation process.
Check whether the issue is solved or not if not switch to another method to fix the issue
Method #5. End Nvidia Processes & Delete Nvidia Folder
- Initially, launch Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys
- Move to the Processes tab and you need to scroll down to view the Nvidia processes ( for example Nvidia Container process) that are running on the device
- Now you must right-tap on each and every process and tap on the End Task option to end up the process
- The user can notice the process that is running on the system
NVIDIA Backend (32 bit)
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service
NVIDIA Network service (32 bit)
NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
- Launch File Explorer and move to the following location on the hard drive i.e
- Navigate to the folder and search for the folders that consist of items on the name and delete the files like
- On the File Explorer and move to the folders and remove them
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
- Finally, restart the device and check whether the issue is solved or not
Method #6. Run SFC Scan
Installing the Nvidia drivers on the system plays a crucial role, due to the presence of missing or corrupted system files on the device will lead to Nvidia Installer failed issue, in order to fix the issue the user must run the SFC Scan.
- Type cmd on the windows search bar and you must right-click on the command prompt and choose Run as administrator option
- Now tap on Yes for further process
- In that enter the command i.e sfc/scannow and Hit Enter
- It takes some time to finish the sfc scan
- After that restart the device to apply the changes
Method #7. Restart Windows Update
Most of the time, it is proven that updating the windows will help to fix the Nvidia Installer failed error, usually, the windows update folder is corrupted or damaged whenever the latest updates are failed to load in that type of situation the user can rename the previous one i.e old windows update on the device before going to restart the windows update
Follow the below simple steps carefully
- On the Windows search bar, type cmd and select it as run as administrator
- Then tap on Yes on the user account control window
- Enter the following command on the command prompt
net stop wuauserv
- Again enter the following commands one after another ant hit enter
net stop cryptSv
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- It takes some time to execute the commands to stop the services
- After that, you must rename the windows update folders by entering the ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old and ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old and hit Enter to execute the above commands
- Restart the Windows Update services and enter net start wuauserv and hit Enter to start the services again
- Execute the following commands
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- The Windows Update Services will run as usual and the user can update the windows for that you must press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the Settings
- Then select Update & Security option
- Below the Windows update tap on Check for updates option.
- After completion of the update, the user must restart the device and try to install the Nvidia driver, and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #8. Perform a Clean Install
Generally performing the clean installation means it should be any type of custom settings on the driver, it also deletes or removes any issues and errors related to Nvidia Installer, here we are using the Nvidia Installer while in the manual installation, to do this the user must follow some simple steps carefully
- Initially, move to the location of the installer on the computer
- Then you must double-tap on the installer to begin the installation process
- Select Nvidia Graphics Driver and Geforce Experience on the Nvidia Installer window
- Next, tap on Agree and continue option
- Select Custom Installation
- After that tap on the Next option to begin the installation process
- Later the user must check the Perform a clean installation option
- At last, select the Next option
- Once the installation is completed, simply tap on Close to exit from the Nvidia Graphics Driver Installer window
- Finally, Restart the device to apply the changes
Method #9. Use Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU)
DDU( Display Driver Uninstaller) is the best independent tool that is widely used by many people to troubleshoot both AMD as well as Nvidia Drivers and the uninstaller will, helps to detect the driver issues and perform the clean installation, for there are some simple instructions to follow
- First of all, the user must download the DDU Zip.
- Once you download unzip the folder in the location as you wish
- Then on one keyboard at a time press Windows + R keys to open the Run utility
- In that enter Control printer and tap on the OK button.
- Launch the Device Printers Window on the Control Panel.
- Next, the user must right-tap on the device name and tap on Device Installation Settings
- After that select No( your device might not work as expected) and tap on the Save Changes option
- Exit from the Devices and Printers window
- After that search for the Nvidia Drivers of any browser and tap on Download Drivers|Nvidia
- Below the Nvidia Driver Downloads section, select Product Type, Product Series, Product, Operating System, and Windows Driver Type depending upon the Driver specifications
- After selecting the specific driver, tap on the Search option
- Tap on the Download option to begin the download process
- Once the download is finished. move to Windows Settings.
- In that select Update & Security option
- Now tap on the Recovery option that is shown on the left side of the panel
- Next below the Advanced Startup tap on Restart Now option
- Select Advanced options
- Move to the Startup Settings option on the Advanced options
- Select Restart option
- Now, on the keyboard, the user must press 4 to enable/ turn on the safe mode
- The background of the desktop turns to black on the Safe mode
- Move to the file location in order to extract the DDU.zip and double-tap on the DDU v188.8.131.52 to take out the main files
- Navigate to the extracted folder and double-tap on the DDI in order to run it on the windows 10
- Click on the Select Device Type and tap on GPU on the drop-down in the Display Driver Uninstaller
- At last tap on the Clean and Restart option
- It will uninstall the Nvidia Driver on the system, and also boot the device as usual on the normal mode
Method #10. Rollback the Display Adapter
Follow the below steps to rollback the Display Adapters on the device
- Launch Device Manager by pressing the Windows + X keys on the keyboard
- It launches the Device Manager window that moves to Display Adapters and expands the section
- You need to double-click on the Nvidia graphics driver that you’re using and click on properties
- Move to the Driver tab on Properties and tap on the Roll Back Driver option and click on the OK button.
- It starts the rollback of the previous i.e older updates of the Nvidia graphics driver and replaced the older version with the new version.
- It shows a question i.e Why are rolling back then simply select My apps don’t work with this driver
- Next tap on the Yes option to begin the rollback process
- Exit from the Device Manager
- Finally, Restart the device after that try to update the driver
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How to fix the Nvidia Graphics Driver is not compatible with Windows 10?
Answer: You must follow the steps to fix the issue
- Update Windows
- Reinstall Nvidia Graphics Driver
- Download Nvidia driver with Geforce Experience
- Question 2) If Nvidia work for Windows 11?
Answer: It is possible and the technologies and features are ready to support Windows 11 as well, so the players can play the games with new RTX titles.
- Question 3) If Windows 11 require a GPU?
Answer: Yes, the Windows 11 needs a DirectX 12 as well as WDDM 2.0 that is compatible with the graphics card.
This article briefly gives information about the NVIDIA Installer Failed Issue and explains the reasons behind the issue and clearly discusses the fixing methods to fix the issue.
For people who want are searching for and want to fix the issue on your Windows 10 for that type of people this article is the best reference to know, Thank you for choosing iOSWinDroid
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinate to write the techbased stuf and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intension is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.