If you’re facing the MSVCP140.Dll Missing Error on your windows device then read more to know How to Fix MSVCP140.Dll Missing Error
Hello! EveryBody Gow are you all, Hope all are doing great usually we know the .dll files are the library of functions that can download the files and execute the program files, .dll files will come with the Windows operating system and sometimes will add to the program files when a program is installed. The mscvp140.dll file is the redistributed files to the c++ programs of windows version 2015.
.dll files are the backbone of the program files in other words intestines in the stomach, if anything happened to our intestines we can’t able to work until it would be in a normal position, this is also the same thing that .dll could do in the Windows program files.
What is MSVCP140.Dll?
This is one type of error that occurred when you installing c++ program on your windows system. You may have to arise a question in your mind that is when it would happen. When you are installing program files on windows and .dll files can have the chance to miss at that time this error will appear on the screen.
To fix this msvcp140.dll error we have three methods to follow and fix it. The msvcp140.dll is the part of Microsoft visual c++ for the redistributable packages of visual studio 2015 to run the applications, and games, and develop visual c++.
- Version: 14.26.28804.1
- Architecture: 64
- File size: 0.56 MB
- Language: U.S. English
- Company: Microsoft Corporation
- Description: MicrosoftÂ® C Runtime Library
Reasons That Cause MSVCP140.Dll Missing Error
Some of the reasons behind the SVCP140.Dll Missing Error are
- Lack of Update of OS
- Presence of viruses and malware
- Changes on the Redistributable file
Methods to Fix MSVCP140.Dll Missing Error
We are briefly explaining the methods to fix the MSVCP140.Dll Missing Error, follow them carefully in order to fix the error.
Method #1. Use the File Explorer Options
When the msvcp140.dll error appears on the screen you just have to restart your system doing this the missing .dll files can have the chance to retrieve and runs the program without any delay. Before going to do restart we need to change our file explorer options to make hidden files and folders visible the reason.
This step is because by default windows try to protect certain current system files like msvcp140.dll to avoid them getting deleted or modified by mistake because when that happens it could potentially damage the operating system or like, in this case, prevent sudden programs and processes from running effectively but now we want to check that we have the DLL file in the right place so we need to make the DLL files visible.
- Go to the windows search bar and type file explorer options.
- Go to the View option on that window.
- Now select the setting like show hidden files, folders, and drivers from the advanced settings.
- And then click on the apply button and then the Ok button.
Method #2: Manually Replace the MSVCP140.Dll
- Go to google chrome and types like download msvcp140.dll and next hit on the enter button.
- Click on the link like www.dll-files.com.
- It opens up the page consisting of the download option here you have to select what your system consists of 64-bit or 32-bit, if your system consists of a 64-bit processor then select the download option according to your bit.
- Then it is ready to download the .exe file.
- The downloaded .exe file will be located on your downloads, go and open it and can be saved in the Zipp folder.
- Open it up and copy the .dll file.
- Go to the system32 folder of your local disk(c).
- That copied .dll file and paste it in the system32, and hit on the continue button.
- And then simply restart the system and see if the problem has been resolved.
How to Know the System Type?
so many of the system users don’t know the system type whether it is a 32-bit or 64-bit processor.
- Go to the file explorer on your system.
- Make a click on This PC which is on the left side of your screen.
- It will open up the window on the top of the window you will see the File option hit on.
- Then go to the properties of the file, where you will get the information about the processor.
Method #3. Reinstall Visual C++ studio 2015 Redistributable File
If method one does not work, you need to reinstall the required visual c++ libraries or replace the existing ones. You have to follow the following steps to fix the msvcp140.dll error.
- Go to the windows search bar and then type Apps and features there.
- Go on to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable of apps and features.
- It opens up the modify and uninstall of two options.
- Here you didn’t get the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015.
- Then get back to google chrome and type Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 download.
- Select the link www.Microsoft.com.
- You will get the download option for Visual C++ redistributable, you have to select the language there.
- After hitting on the download you have to select your required bit.
- Here select the file names called VC-redist.x64.exe and VC-redist.x86.exe.
- Click on the Next button then it will ask for multiple files to download and then click on allow option.
- Select the downloaded .exe file of 64bit, and open it up.
- Select I agree to the license terms and conditions, click on the Install button.
- Then click on the Yes button, it downloads the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015.
Method #4. Run a Virus Scan for the System
Due to the presence of viruses and malware in the system sometimes we may face the MSVCP140.dll Is a Missing error, so you must scan for the virus and remove it.
The user must try to scan the whole system for the virus detection, the process takes some time to finish, Windows comes with a default tool i.e Windows Defender if it is unable to perform the task then launch another antivirus software or app and run the scan.
After completion of malware follow the instruction that is given by the app to complete the finish the process and later restart the device and check whether the error is solved or not.
Method #5. Run System File Checker
One of the effective methods to solve any type of error is simply to run the system file checker, Windows having the inbuilt follow the below simple steps.
- On the Windows search bar, type cmd and run as administrator.
- In that enter sfc/scannow and hit Enter.
- It detects the corrupted system files as well as repairs them.
Method #6. Copy the File From a Trusted Computer
Also, try to copy the file on a trusted computer to the Fix MSVCP140.Dll Missing Error, for that the user must have some instructions to follow.
- Initially, you must run another computer that works with the same OS as yours.
- Next launch the File Explorer simply press the Windows + E keys same time on the keyboard.
- Then navigate C: WindowsSystem32 and then you must copy the msvcp140.dll.
- Now paste the copied file in the same location, here try to use the external storage device such as a flash drive.
- At last, open the program and check whether the error is fixed or not.
Method #7. Perform a Clean Installation of the Program
If you notice any kind of errors or issues then try to reinstall the program to solve the error and issues, Here we are reinstalling the MSVCP140.Dll is a missing issue.
To do this the user must follow some simple steps.
- Initially, press Windows + R keys to launch the Run utility.
- In that enter appwiz.cpl and tap on the OK button this will redirect the user to the programs that are installed on the device.
- Now you can right-tap on a program that is the reason behind the error and tap on Uninstall option.
- Next tap on Yes to confirm the uninstall the program.
- After that restart the device.
- Again reinstall the program and open it and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #8. Install Windows Updates
Due to lack of updates also you may get so many issues and errors, so try to update the device with the latest version, as well as patches offer a layer of security that gives protection from software vulnerabilities.
Follow the below simple steps to update the Windows
- Open the Windows Settings by pressing the Windows + I keys on the keyboard at a time.
- Then select Update & Security tab.
- Now tap on Check for Updates option.
- After that, the user must install all the latest available updates.
- Later restart the computer.
Method #9. Manually Re-register the File
If you’re still facing the error then manually re-register the file, for that the user must follow some simple steps
- On the Windows search bar launch Command Prompt or cmd and run as administrator.
- Then you must enter the following command i.e
regsvr32 /u MSVCP140.dll
- Next, enter another command i.e
Signs for MSVCP140.Dll Missing Error Appear
Whenever you get the error then it shows the following signs related to MSVCP140.Dll error
- Msvcp140.dll Missing
- The program is unable to start because the MSVCP 140.Dll is missing on the computer
- Msvcp140.dll Not Found
- The app has failed to start why because MSVCP140.Dll was not found
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How do I install the DLL file that I have downloaded from the DLL files?
Answer: The downloaded DLL file can appear in a zip folder that can be located on your downloads, copy the .dll file and paste it into the system32 folder in windows.
- Question 2) Why do my DLL files suddenly disappear?
Answer: DLL files can be processed to all the programs when you are installing games, applications, or drivers the DLL files can be copied. When you uninstall the applications or whatever it may be there are few chances of getting deleted DLL files from the installed applications.
- Question 3) Why do I get DLL errors?
Answer: when your program files can be corrupted or infected by viruses and you are installing advanced applications or games on your windows operating system but your windows operating system will be an older version at that time also you will get .dll errors.
- Question 4) What is DLL?
Answer: DLL stands for dynamic link library which consists of a bulk or group of functions that are used to download the program files as well as execute the program files on your windows operating system.
Some of the DLL files are inbuilt within the operating system and some of the DLL files can be joined during the applications or games installation with the system program files.
Here we described the msvcp140.dll error methods of when this error occurred and how to fix this msvcp140.dll error and how many ways to fix it, what are .dll files, and what it does. This article mainly gives you the working methods to Fix MSVCP140.Dll Missing Error.
By reading this article you will know everything about the error and you can easily resolve this problem, I think I hope you will enjoy this tutorial. If you get benefited from this article, then feel free to share this article with your friends and family. Thank you for choosing iOSWinDroid
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinate to write the techbased stuf and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intension is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.