If you’re facing HBO Max crashes then you’re at right place read more to know How to Fix HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku Home Screen
Hello! Everyone, I hope all are doing great, Today I want to discuss How to Fix HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku Home Screen, this article is very much useful to people who are facing the HBO Max crashes issue, they can easily solve the issue with the help of some easy and simple fixing methods.
In this article we are explaining the basic information of the HBO Max app and the reasons behind the HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku home screen and also briefly explains the fixing methods to solve the issue, these are simple and easy, but effectively solve the issue.
What is HBO Max?
HBO Max is one of the best streaming apps, it offers all the HBO TV series, blockbuster movies, and unique Max Originals, it gives all HBO’s cable channels along with shows and movies, it comes with two subscription plans one is with ads and another one is ad-free, with ads costs $10 per month and ad-free costs $15 per month.
The user can freely download the HBO Max app on Roku with the help of the Roku Channel Store and simply sign up via Hulu or Amazon Prime Channels and watch movies and shows under 7- day free trial, the user can activate the HBO Max app on Roku after completion of sign up for a subscription.
Reasons behind the HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku Home Screen:
The main reasons behind the HBO Max Crashing and Goes to the Roku Home Screen issue are
- Due to lack of update
- Using the VPN software.
- Some underlying issues on the device or app.
- Improper log-in information of the user.
- HBO Max servers are down
- Due to presence of corrupted files
- Poor and unstable internet connection
Not only in Roku the HBO Max keeps crashing on Apple TV also.
Methods to Fix the HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku Home Screen
- Restart the Roku Device and Reboot the Modem.
- Update Roku.
- Reinstall HBO Max.
- Disable the VPN.
- Re-log into HBO.
- Use the Roku Search Feature.
- Start Playback with another Device
- Check the Internet Connection
- Not having sufficient Space
Method #1. Restart the Roku Device and Reboot the Modem
One of the simplest methods to fix the HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku Home Screen is simply to Restart the Roku Device and modem, in some cases the issue is due to something wrong with the network connections, restarting the device will smoothly fix the issue.
To perform the Restarting process on Roku, the user must follow some simple steps
- On Roku, navigate to the Settings and then select the System option
- Then click on the System Restart option.
- It will restart the device.
- After performing the restart, you must check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #2. Update Roku
Sometimes this error is due to a lack of updates, so we must update the Roku to overcome the underlying issues, this will help to enhance the performance and system stability, we can easily perform the HBO Max on Roku Update.
For updating the Roku, you need to follow the below steps carefully.
- Initially Power on the Roku and hold down the Home button on the remote.
- Then move to the Settings and then tap on System.
- Now, click on the System Update and check for updates.
- You will notify any update then download and install it.
Method #3. Reinstall HBO Max
Most of the time, it is proven that reinstalling or re-adding the HBO Max app will solve the issue, simply uninstall the HBO Max and re-install it as a fresh app.
To reinstall the HBO Max they are some simple steps to follow.
- First of all, Hold down the Home button on the Roku Remote.
- Then choose the Streaming Channels for launching the Channel Store.
- Next tap on the HBO Max channel from the list of channels
- Now, on the Remote click on the OK button.
- After that, it displays a confirmation dialog box, in that tap on the Remove Channel option.
- Once the app is successfully removed, Restart the Roku
- After that, move to the Channel Store and then re-install the HBO Max app.
- Next, open the app and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Note: Before going to remove the HBO Max app, the user must sign out from all the devices, why because the Roku will hold down the old HBO login information and it simply crashes the new HBO Max channel.
- Open the HBO Max app on Roku.
- Move to the Settings and then Devices.
- In that, you need to sign out of all the devices.
- Next, remove the HBO Max app and restart the device.
- Now, reinstall the HBO Max on Roku.
This method can also remove the cache on the HBO Max app.
Method #4. Disable the VPN
People who are living in the US or other certain US territories, need to use the actual IP address to watch HBO Max on Roku, if the user is using the VPN to hide the IP address then they will definitely get the error message, to avoid the error you need to disable the VPN software and then check whether the HBO max is properly working or not.
Method #5. Re-log into HBO
If you are worried about how to sign out of HBO Max on Roku don’t worry it is simple and easy, To perform this method the user must log out/ Sign out from the HBO Max app on all the devices with the same ID that the user is using the app on Roku, after log out, you must power off the Roku wait for few minutes, and then power on and resign or re-log into the HBO Max account on the Roku, finally check the problem is solved or not.
Method #6. Use the Roku Search Feature
One of the excellent features of Roku is it comes with a powerful search engine, with the help of this you can also rectify the HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku Home Screen issue, just search the HBO Max content directly with the help of Roku Search and next play the specific content from the shown search results, then asks the user who is watching, now the user must choose the user profile and the content now playing without any issues, finally, check whether the HBO Max crashes and goes back to the Roku home screen or not.
The search feature is the best alternative to the home screen, instead of choosing the title that you want to watch, you can simply go for the search feature and then play the title on the search screen.
Method #7. Start Playback with Another Device
After performing the above methods then only you are facing the issue, finally, you must go for another device, simply start the playback from another device for two to three minutes and then reopen the content on the Roku and then choose the content from the recent left point and then stream the content without any issues.
These methods are only for the HBO Max, Roku Workaround, not universal fixing methods to solve the issue.
Method #8: Check the Internet Connection
Due to poor and unstable internet connection, we may face the HBO Max crashes or freezes and go to the Roku home screen issue. To avoid this you can check the internet connection, for that, you must follow some simple steps carefully.
- Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Then navigate to the Settings tab and then click on the Network option.
- Select the Check Connection option.
Whether the connection is properly set up means no problem with the internet on Roku.
Another important thing you must do is check the download speed or signal strength, the user can search for the option in the Network that is shown below of About.
Note: If you want to stream the HD content on HBO Max then it needs 5MB/s, in case the speed is lower than the 5 MB/s then the streaming is paused and fails to load and leads to crashing or freezing.
Method #9: Not having the Sufficient Space
While the user can install several channels on the Roku devices there is not sufficient space on the device which results in the HBO crashes and freezing issue to prevent this the user must free up the space on the Roku device, clear the unwanted temp files and data stored on the device. The user is unable to see how much space is left on the Roku device.
So the main reason behind the crashing and freezing of Roku is limited storage space, so try to remove or delete the not-used channels and free up the channels from the list of all channels.
To do this the user must follow some simple steps
- First of all, Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Then launch the Channel Store and then select the Streaming Channels.
- Now you need to search for the channel you wish to delete or remove.
- Next click on the Remove Channel option.
Once you finish the removal process of the HBO Max app on the Roku device go and visit the Channel Store on the Roku device and again reinstall the app.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Is the HBO Max app is safe or not?
Answer: It is safe to access there are no security issues.
- Question 2) Is the HBO Max app is free to watch or not?
Answer: The user can access the HBO Max app at no extra charges and it offers 7day free trial to users.
- Question 3) Is HBO Max contains any ads?
Answer: It comes with two options with ads and without ads, if you want to enjoy the app without any ads, simply move to the subscription of $15 per month.
This article clearly discusses the basic information of the HBO Max app and explains the reasons behind the issue and finally tells the effective fixing methods to solve the issue.
For people, who want to solve the HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku Home Screen issue, that type person this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to solve the HBO Max Crashes and Goes to the Roku Home Screen, for more updates and information, visit and follow our site iOSWinDroid
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinate to write the techbased stuf and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intension is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.