If you’re facing the Game Bar Not Opening issue on your windows device then read more to know How to Fix Game Bar Not Opening On Windows 10
Hi! Buddies, Are you searching for the fixing methods for the game bar not opening on Windows 10, for that type of people this article is the best reference.
In this article, we are briefly discussing the fixing methods to solve this issue and the methods are very simple and easy the gamers can easily use this method and quickly rectify the game bar not opening on Windows 10.
Reasons Behind the Game Bar Not Opening on Windows 10
The main reason behind the game bar not opening on Windows 10 is the game bar features are disabled on the settings menu and also the service is interrupted or corrupted due to some issues like manual user interruption and third-party apps interference to overcome this error there are some fixing methods
What is the Necessity to Fix the Game Bar Not Opening on Windows 10?
Game Bar is an excellent tool and it is specially designed to help gamers to capture video and record game clips or also useful to take screenshots from games, with the help of the game bar the gamer quickly accesses the Xbox app.
This is an effective and efficient tool by using this the gamers can broadcast their gameplay online, so the game bar is an essential thing for every gamer, so it is necessary to fix the game bar not opening on windows 10.
Methods to Fix the Game Bar Not Opening on Windows 10
They are some methods to fix the Game Bar not opening on Windows 10
- Enable the Game Bar using Settings
- Using Registry Enable the Game Bar
- The Full-Screen Mode
- Reset the XBOX Game Bar App
- Reinstall using Powershell
- Create a new user account
- Install the Media Feature Pack
- Try third-party Software
Method #1. Enable the Game Bar Using Settings
It is also one of the methods to fix the Game Bar not opening on Windows 10 the user must check whether the Game Bar option is enabled or not if not enable the option
For enabling the game bar option by using settings the user must follow some simple steps
- First of all the user must press the Windows Key and I key for opening Settings.
- In that select the Gaming option.
- Now check the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game Bar option is enabled or not, if not enable the option, simply turn ON the option.
- After enabling the option, exit from the Game Bar Settings window and check whether the Game Bar works or not
Method #2. Using Registry Enable the Game Bar
With the help of the Registry, we can enable the Game Bar and fix the Game Bar not opening on Windows 10 error easily, before going to do this process the user must back up the Registry to enable the Game Bar
- Initially, you must hold down the Windows Key and R Key to open the RUN box and then type Regedit and then select the OK button to launch the registry editor, simply tap on YES if it displays the Administrator Privileges.
- Then inside the registry editor, you must move to the following location i.e HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
- You need to find out for the AppCapture Enabled then the user must double-click on it to change the Value data field to 1 if its 0
- Next, go to the following location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
- See the GameDVR Enable DWORD and change the Value data field to 1
- Once the process is done, exit from the Registry Editor window
- Finally, restart/reboot the system and check the game bar issue is solved or not
Method #3. The Full-Screen Mode
The Overlay UI is not open in some games because they are incompatible with that game and the Win+G Keys are not working, In that type of situation the user must use the Hot-Keys and these are mainly used in the background for accessing some functions like Screen Capture, Screen Record and much more
Here we are giving the list of some generally used features they are
- Record – Win+Alt+R
If you’re thinking about how to fix Xbox game bar not recording issue then follow the record shortcut.
- Take Screenshot – Win+Alt+PrtSc
- Broadcast – Win+Alt+B
We can also provide the list of all hot-keys, the user can also modify the hot-keys from this section
- Open Xbox Game Bar- Win+ G
- Take Screenshot- Win+ Alt+ Prtscrn
- Record That – Win+ Alt+ G
- Start/Stop recording – Win+ Alt+ R
- Microphone on/off- Win+ Alt+ M
- Start/Pause Broad cast- Win+ Alt+ B
- Show Camera in broadcast- Win+Alt+W
Method #4. Reset the XBOX Game Bar App
In some cases resetting the Xbox Game Bar App will fix the error, so the user must try this method, for resetting the Application from Apps & Features Settings
- The user must at a time press the Windows and I keys for launching the Settings.
- In settings, you must click on the Apps option for opening the Apps & Features.
- You can find out the XBOX Game Bar and left-click on it and next select the Advanced Settings.
- Search for the Reset option and tap on it.
- Finally, it reset the app and also delete all the current files and settings, if you want to Enable the app if it is disabled then simply press Win+ G keys at a time and check if it works or not
Method #5. Reinstall Using Powershell
This method is also an effective method to fix the Game Bar not opening on windows 10, with the help of Powershell we are reinstalling the app
- On Windows 10 the user must search for the Powershell on the search bar.
- Then you need to right-click on it and run an administrator
- Next, the user must run the following command for uninstalling the Game Bar on the device Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Xbox app | Remove-AppxPackage.
- Now navigate to the store and again install the Xbox app
Method #6. Create a New User Account
Creating a new user account is also fix the issue in some cases for creating the new user account the user must follow some simple steps
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Then choose the Accounts section.
- Then on the left side of the menu select the Family & Other people.
- On the right pane, select Add someone else to this PC.
- Click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Then tap on the Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- You need to enter the preferred user name and finally tap on Next
Getting this type of error means if the user profile is damaged or corrupted due to some reason, the user can simply rectify this issue by creating a new user account
- Once the user is successfully creating the new user account then use it and check whether the issue is rectified or not
- Is it all ok with the new user account simply move all the personal files into the new account and use the new one
Method #7. Install the Media Feature Pack
- Firstly the user must copy and paste the below-provided link on the browser to visit Microsoft’s official download page for the media feature pack
- Then move to the Download section and choose the Windows edition from the drop-down and then tap on Confirm.
- If you’re unable to find the Windows 10 edition from the list, don’t worry tap on the KB3145500 link that is provided below the description of the Download section.
Now the user must follow some instructions and download the Media Features Pack on the Windows 10 version
- Now tap on the setup file option and follow some instructions that are displayed on the screen to finish the installation process
- After completing the installation, the user must restart/ reboot the device
- Next, launch the Game Bar and check whether it is working or not.
Method #8. Try third-party Software
If you’re still facing the Game Bar Not Opening On Windows 10 then try to use the third-party Game bar software, we all know that the Game bar is preinstalled on Windows 10, if the user is facing issues with the Game bar then they can switch to Windows 10 screen recording software.
You can also try Icecream Screen Recorder, it is simply a superb tool and provides gaming features that aren’t available for the Windows desktop.
Not only this here in this article we can also provide third-party software alternatives for Game Bar, check out of these
- OBS Studio
- Simple Screen Recorder
- Virtual Location for iPhone
- Camtasia Studio
- Bandicam Screen Recorder
Instead of downloading the Xbox Game Bar, try this software
Not only for Windows 10 the user can also face the Xbox Game Bar not working on Windows 11.
Common Issues on Xbox Game Bar:
Generally, there are some common issues that are occurred on Xbox Game Bar
- Xbox Game Bar Not Launching
- Game Bar keeps turning off
- Win + G not working / Windows + G Not Working
- The game bar won’t stay on
- Can’t Enable Game Bar
- Game DVR Not working Windows 10
- Game Bar something went wrong
- Windows 10 Game Bar Nothing to Record
- Game Bar Not Opening upon Steam, appearing
- Windows 10 Game bar not working in fullscreen
- Xbox game bar shortcut not working
- Xbox game bar not signing in
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Why we are unable to screen records on Windows 10?
Answer: The user is unable to tap on the recording button because there is no option for Windows to open record so with the help of the Xbox Game Bar we are recording the screen in programs or video games
- Question 2) How to start a game and choose a desktop?
Answer: If you want to start a desktop broadcast then the user must open a game and then choose Desktop during the broadcast setup.
This article clearly explains the fixing methods for the game bar is not opening on Windows 10 and also discuss the reasons behind the issue and explains the necessity to fix this error, these methods are very effective, simple, and easy.
People who are worrying about how to fix my game bar i.e not opening on Windows 10, don’t worry in this article we are clearly discussing the fixing methods to overcome this error follow the methods, and easily rectify the issue. Thank’s for choosing iOSWinDroid.
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinate to write the techbased stuf and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intension is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.