If you’re facing the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue on your windows device then read more to know How to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC
Have you been discovering How to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC..? Don’t think so about it, you are in the perfect place. This article will teach you How to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC.
The Cyberpunk 2077 game is famous and also it is one of the top most popular games on Windows PC. This is a high-end capacity featured game on windows PC. If you want to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC, you need to maintain the high-end capacity featured on Windows PC.
The high-end capacity featured machine will allow you to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game without any crashing or freezing issues.
Well, If you are facing the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing problem on your Windows PC. And also it is irritating while playing the Cyberpunk 2077 game. But you couldn’t play the Cyberpunk 2077 game properly.
If you want to get fix the Cyberpunk 2077 game crashing or freezing issues while playing on your Windows PC, you need to follow the following article till the end carefully. Because it shows you the total process of Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC.
What is Cyberpunk 2077?
Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the adventurous video games that was developed by CD Projet Red and published by Microsoft Studios, the game is compatible with Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch, the players are allowed to control the fight to survive against other humans and machines.
It is an open-world environment and there are no loading screens or cutscenes among missions, it is common to get the issues with Cyberpunk 2077 the issues are crashing, lags, stutters, graphical glitches result in the gameplay experience
Reasons That Cause Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC
Some of the reasons that cause Cyberpunk 2077 to crash on Windows PC are
- Changes in in-game settings
- The in-game overlay is enabled
- Due to CPU and GPU overclocking
- Running of unnecessary programs and apps in the background
- Outdated system and drivers
Methods to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC
Have you been used to playing the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC? And you are facing some crashing issues while playing the Cyberpunk 2077 game.
The Cyberpunk 2077 game is a high-end game and it requires a high-end featured computer. If you are using a low-end featured computer to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game, it will get crashing issues. This issue depends upon different error factors.
If you don’t know how to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing problem by considering all the error factors. Then you can know to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing or freezing error by considering all the error factors in different methods below.
Method #1. Check System Requirements
Have you been facing the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue while playing, it would be a system requirement issue. Then you have to check your system requirements. Cyberpunk 2077 is a high-end computer game and it needs a high-end featured Windows PC.
If you don’t know the System requirement to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game. Then you can check your system configuration below.
- Cyberpunk 2077 game needs a 64-bit processor Computer.
- This game runs only on Windows 10.
- It needs AMD Ryzen 3 3200G or an Intel i7-4790 processor.
- Cyberpunk 2077 needs at least 12GB RAM.
- This game requires Radeon RX 590 or GTX 1060 6GB/Super Graphic card.
- It needs DirectX version 12
- Cyberpunk 2077 game requires at least 70GB of storage space.
Now you can check the features and characteristics of your system compared to the above requirements. All the above system requirements are minimum basic requirements, you can improve more requirements for better performance.
If you have these minimum system requirements, you can play the Cyberpunk 2077 game otherwise, you will have to face so many lagging and error issues.
Method #2. Update Graphics Drivers
Assuming you have faced the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue, it would be a realistic drive update issue. Then, at that point, you need to refresh your realistic drive to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game appropriately.
Once in a while, your realistic drive hasn’t been refreshed to the most recent variant. That implies you were unable to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game appropriately.
If you don’t have an idea to update the graphic drivers to the update, you can know below.
- First, you must right-click on the Start menu and you can see different options. Then you must click on the Device Manager options.
- After that, it will show different options than just right-clicking on the Display Adapter option.
- On the same screen, you will see your system graphic drive and it will show you Update Graphic Drive, just click on it.
- Then it will start the updating process and after updating your graphic drive, just restart your system.
Now you can play the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC without any crashing issues. Because you have been updated your system graphic drive.
Method #3. Update Windows PC
Here and there, your Windows form can be an issue for crashing the Cyberpunk 2077 game. Be that as it may, assuming you will play the Cyberpunk 2077 game with your obsolete Windows variant, it will crash again while gaming. For that, you need to update your Windows PC with the most recent update.
If you couldn’t update your Windows PC with your basic knowledge then you can follow the below method to update your PC.
- First of all, open your Windows Settings menu on your Windows PC.
- After that, just go to the Windows Update screen, and you just tap on the available Windows PC update( if there are no updates, you have updated your Windows PC to the latest version, just leave it).
- Once you have updated your Windows PC to the latest version, it will be restarted.
That’s all, you have updated your Windows PC to the latest version update. your Cyberpunk 2077 will not crash while playing on our windows PC.
Method #4. Close Background Running Tasks
Here and there, assuming you are facing the crashing issue while playing the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC.
That might be happening by foundation running undertakings and weighty running errands in the background. Assuming you can end that weighty tasks behind the scenes, may further develop your computer gaming execution.
Have you been afraid to close background tasks on your Windows PC? And you want to close background tasks completely to improve the performance of your Windows PC. Just follow the below method carefully.
- First foremost, you must press the ctrl and shift buttons along with the Esc button at the same time. you will see the Task Manager on the screen.
- After that, you can see the heavy task on the task manager and you can close that heavy task from the task manager. To close the heavy task, you just right-click on that particular task and just click on the End Task option.
Now you have closed that particular Task from your Task Manager and you can use the same method in the future. Then you can play the Cyberpunk 2077 gam without crashing o your Windows PC.
Method #5. Set Task Manager High Priority
A few weighty tasks will interfere with your Cyberpunk 2077 game because such countless weighty assignments are now gotten comfortable higher need in the Task Manager.
Assuming that you are attempting to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC then these weighty tasks will pull down the game. To defeat this mistake, you should set the Task manager as the higher priority.
If want to know how to set the task higher priority on your Windows PC, you just consider the below steps carefully.
- First of all, you must right-click on the Start menu then you will see some different options window, just select the Task Manager.
- After that, it will show you the Processes tab on the screen, just click on it.
- Then you must right-click on the Game Task.
- Once you have right-clicked on the Game Task, you will be able to set the Higher priority of Cyberpunk in the task manager.
- At the last, you must close the Task Manager.
That’s it, you have been set the task manager higher priority on your windows PC. Now you can play the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your windows without any interruptions.
Method #6. Reinstall the Latest DirectX
All things considered, If you are utilizing the older version of DirectX on your Windows PC, it would be a justification for crashing the Cyberpunk 2077 game. Some of the time, the furthest down the line games won’t uphold the older version variant DirectX and it will dial back your gaming execution.
To fix the Crashing of the Cyberpunk 2077 game then you should reinstall the most recent DirectX on your Windows PC.
You need to counsel the Microsoft site and simply reinstall the most recent DirectX on your Windows PC to further develop your gadget gaming execution. What’s more, If you need to play the Cyberpunk game appropriately, you want to reinstall the DirectX 12 and later forms on your Windows PC.
Method #7. Run the Game as an Administrator
If you have faced the Cyberpunk 2077 game crashing issue on your Windows PC. Then you have to run the game as an Administrator.
Once you have run the game as an administrator, it will fix the Cyberpunk 2077 game crashing issue. If you don’t know how to run the game as an administrator, you can follow the below method carefully.
- First, you must right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077 exe shortcut files.
- Next, you just choose the properties and now click o the Capability tab.
- Now you must confirm to Run this program as an administrator, and then you should apply and click on the OK.
Now you have applied your game as an administrator on your Windows PC. Then you can play the Cyberpunk 2077 game without any crashing issues.
Method #8. Turn off Windows Antivirus Program or Firewall
Some of the time, a framework Antivirus program or Firewall will dial back the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC. All things considered, you simply need to cripple the Windows firewall or Antivirus Program on your gadget.
That implies you are further developing the framework execution by debilitating the Antivirus program or firewall on your Windows PC.
Now you can follow the following method to turn off the Windows Antivirus program or firewall.
- First of all, you must search for Firewall and select the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Then you just select the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option on the left panel.
- After that, it will show you another screen then you must turn off Windows Defender Firewall for both Public and Private.
- Next, you just click on OK.
At the same time, you must turn off Windows Security protection on your Windows PC. That process is mentioned below.
- First, you should open the Windows Settings.
- Click on the Updates & Security option.
- Next, below the Windows Security section, you must choose the Virus & threat protection option.
- After that, it will show you different options and you must click on the Manage Settings option below Virus & threat protection settings.
- Then you must turn off the real-time protection toggle and you just click the Yes button.
Now you have turned off the System Antivirus & threat protection or Firewall option on your Windows PC.
Method #9. Set High Performance in Power options
Sometimes, system power will slow down the gameplay and it can crash the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC.
If you are thinking to set high performance in power options to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue. But you don’t know about it and also you couldn’t set high performance in power options. Then you can follow the below instructions carefully.
- First, you just open the control panel of your Windows PC.
- Next, must go to the hardware and sounds option and select the power option.
- Then you must click the High-Performance option.
That’s it, you have been set the High performance in power options of your Windows PC Now you play the Cyberpunk 2077 game and also check if it works or not.
Method #10. Close Background Game Apps
If you are used to playing the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC. But if you are used to facing the crashing issue while playing the game. t can be a background game app and you can fix this issue by closing the background game apps on your Windows PC.
If you don’t know how to close background game apps on Windows PC, you just follow the below steps carefully.
- First of all, just open the Windows Settings on your PC.
- After that, you just choose the Privacy option and background apps.
- Next, just scroll down and select the Cyberpunk 2077 title.
- Then you just turn off the Cyberpunk 2077 toggle.
- Now you must Restart the Windows PC.
After all the steps are completed, you have closed background apps on your Windows PC. Then you can play the Cyberpunk 2077 game without crashing on your Windows PC.
Method #11. Update Cyberpunk 2077 Game
Assuming that you are utilizing an updated windows PC with very good quality characteristics to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game. In any case, if you have confronted the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing problem on your Windows PC, it would be a justification for the older updated game.
Assuming you have updated your game form then you can play the Cyberpunk game with no interference and crashing at the same time playing.
- First of all, you have to open the Steam than just go to the Library, where you must click on Cyberpunk 2077.
- Next, you will see here available updates, and here you must select the latest version.
- After that, it will start the updating process of the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC. Actually, the updating is taking some time, you just wait for a few moments.
Now you have updated the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your Windows PC. Then you can play the updated version Cyberpun 2077 game on your Windows PC.
Method #12. Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
Usually, Overclocking of the CPU and GPU will enhance the game performance but results in the stability of the system, so you must disable the Ovreclocking utilities namely MSI Afterburner, and also set the clock speed to its default.
It also states that the user didn’t enable/ turn on the CPU/GPU overclocking if the user is continuously getting the crashing issue.
Method #13. Disable In-game Overlay
Based on the opinion of so many players it is proven that disabling the In-game overlay will help to solve the crashing of the Cyberpunk 2077 issue, to do this the user must follow some simple steps
- Launch GOG Galaxy and then choose the Library tab
- Then select the Gear icon that is shown on the left side bottom of the screen
- It shows the pop-up windows, in that you must uncheck the In-Game Overlay and tap on the OK button.
Suppose, if you’re using the Steam then in that you can disable the overlay option, for you must follow some simple steps
- Launch Steam
- Then right-tap on the Cyberpunk 2077 in that game list.
- Now choose the Properties option.
- Finally, Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option.
Method #14. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Verifying the game files is an essential step whenever the user can encounter a crashing issue, initially, the user must choose the gaming platform like Steam GOG or Epic Games Launcher, below we are explaining steps to repair the missing as well as corrupted game files
Steps for Verifying the Integrity of Game Files on Steam
- Launch Steam client on your device
- Then move to the Library tab
- Now right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077 in the game list and tap on Properties
- Next, choose the Local Files tab and then tap on Verify Integrity of Game Files option.
- After that, you must re-open the Cyberpunk 2077 game and check whether the issue is solved or not
Steps for Verifying the Integrity of Game Files on GOG
- Open GOG Galaxy and then choose Cyberpunk 2077 game in the library section
- Then tap on Settings that is preceding the Play option.
- Now select Manage Installation and then tap on Verify/Repair option
- It takes some time to finish the process, after that open the game and checks whether the issue is solved or not.
Steps for Verifying the Integrity of Game Files on Epic Games Launcher
- Initially, run the Epic Games Launcher and then move to the Library tab shown on the left side of the screen
- Then tap on Cyberpunk 2077 and select the three-dots icon.
- Finally, tap on Verify option.
Method #15. Perform a Clean Boot
If you’re still facing the issue then perform the clean boot to fix the issue, usually, some apps and services start automatically while booting the device this will leads to usage of plenty of internet connection and system resources, to do this the user must follow some simple steps carefully
- First of all, press Windows + R keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Run utility.
- In that enter msconfig and tap on the OK button to launch the System Configuration.
- Now move to Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box
- Next tap on Disable all and tap on Apply and then OK to apply and save the changes.
- After that navigate to the Startup tab and tap on the Open Task Manager button.
- It launches the Task Manager interface, now move to the Startup tab
- You can choose this specific task having a higher startup impact
- After that tap on Disable option.
- Repeat the same steps for other programs having higher startup impact
- Finally, restart the device to apply the changes
Method #16. Use Windowed Borderless Mode
In order to fix the issue, the user must switch to windowed borderless mode instead of fullscreen mode and run the game, for that the user must follow the below simple steps carefully
- Launch Steam.
- Move to Library and then right-tap on cyberpunk 2077
- Now tap on Properties and then select the General tab and move to Set Launch Options
- Next, the user must enter the command line argument on the windowed no border on the field
- Finally, restart the steam client to fix the issue
Method #17. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
You can also try to reinstall the Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime to fix not only this issue but also so many issues and errors
- Open Windows Settings
- Then select the Apps tab
- Now move to the Apps and Features option
- Next, go to Microsoft Visual C++ Programs
- Choose each program and then tap on Uninstall option.
- After that go and visit the official website of Microsoft and then download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- Install them and then restart the device to save the changes
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) What are the Alternatives of Cyberpunk 2077?
Answer: If you feel any difficulty while using the Cyberpunk 2077 simply switch to similar games of Cyberpunk 2077 the alternatives of Cyberpunk 2077 are
- Virtual Location for iPhone
- Grand Theft Auto
- Saints Row
- Far Cry
- Just Cause
- The Simpsons: Hit & Run
- San Andreas Multiplayer
- Question 2) List out the devices that are compatible with the Cyberpunk 2077 game?
Answer: You can be allowed to play the Cyberpunk 2077 game on various devices like Mac, Windows, Steam, Playstation, Xbox, and iPhone.
- Question 3) Is Cyberpunk 2077 game free or not?
Answer: Usually the CD Projekt is designed the Cyberpunk 2077 game is free for a month it is just a free trial and allows both PS5 and Xbox series X/S
So, guys, the present article will allow you to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 game crashing problem on your Windows PC. This game crashing problem will depend upon different types of error factors. Once you have adjusted all the error factors, the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing error will be fixed automatically.
If you want to know how to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 game crashing problem on your Windows PC, then you can follow the above guide carefully. Because the following guide will teach you how to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue on Windows PC in different methods. Thank you for choosing iOSWinDroid
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinate to write the techbased stuf and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intension is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.